Salisbury Guest house Accommodation Terms, Bed and Breakfast, B & B Accommodation in Dover, Kent, UK
1. The Visitor shall be entitled to occupy the Accommodation for overnight accommodation purposes only and this agreement shall not confer on the Visitor any security of tenure within the terms of the Housing Act 1988 pursuant to which the occupation shall be deemed to be by way of an excluded tenancy. The Visitor shall not sub-let the premises or any part thereof.
2. Accommodation Period: All bookings start from the check-in time and date given on the booking reservation and the Accommodation must be vacated by the check-out time on the day the booking period ends.
3. Deposit/Payment: A deposit is payable when booking accommodation
4. Cancellation: Once a booking deposit has been paid and the booking confirmed in writing/email, the Visitor is liable for the whole amount of the room rental cost for the period booked. The cancellation policy. Notice period of less than 28 days prior to arrival - full payment. If the cancellation is let then any payment made for the booking will be refunded though this may be less than the original price. All cancellations must be made in writing/email.
5. Holiday Insurance: Once booked, the Visitor is liable for the complete Accommodation Room Rental costs. As such, it is strongly recommended that the Visitor take out suitable holiday insurance to cover costs incurred by unexpected holiday cancellation.
6. Availability: The booking is made on the understanding that the
room(s) will be placed at the visitors disposal on the dates
agreed. Should this not be possible through fire, theft or
circumstances beyond the Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Owner's control, the full amount paid by
the Visitor will be refunded. However, note that:
a. No alternative accommodation can be provided;
b. The visitor will not have any claim against the Accommodation Owner for compensation or expenses.
7. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum room occupancy as specified on the Accommodation details or booking must be adhered to. If this condition is not observed, the Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Owner reserves the right to refuse admittance or require that the Visitor vacate the Accommodation. In this eventuality, no refund of monies will be due.
8. Pets: Sorry no pets are allowed in the Accommodation.
9. Smoking: The Accommodation is strictly non-smoking. The Visitor may not smoke within the Accommodation or allow any member of their party or other invited persons to smoke within the Accommodation. Any breach of this rule will result in the termination of the Visitor's booking and a request to vacate immediately. All monies paid will be forfeited. Smoking is permitted in the outside areas of the Accommodation; however the Visitor must ensure that all evidence of smoking in the outside areas is removed prior to departure.
10. Nuisance: The Visitor shall not cause a nuisance of any kind to the Accommodation owner or to its neighbours.
11. Damages & Breakages: The Visitor undertakes to keep the Accommodation and all the furniture, fittings and contents in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the room Room Rental. All damage, breakages or equipment failure to the Accommodation or its contents must be reported to the Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Owner as soon as possible. The Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Owner will arrange to repair the damage as soon as practical; however there is no guarantee this will be within the period of hire. Damage or breakage caused by act or omission of the Visitor or persons attending the Accommodation at the Visitor's invitation must be repaired or replaced by the Visitor at the Visitor's expense within 7 days of the cost of repair or replacement being determined and notified to the Visitor. The cost of repair or replacement shall generally be determined within 14 days of notification. Any repair or replacement shall be to the original standard. Should the damage result in another booking being cancelled, the Visitor will be held liable for all consequential losses to the Owner. All breakages are chargeable.
12. Left Items: The Visitor will be notified of any of the Visitor's possessions that have been left in the Accommodation after it has been vacated. Notice will be made in writing by post or email, generally within fourteen days after the end of the booking period. The Visitor must meet the cost of returning any items. If the Visitor does not wish for the item to be returned, the Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Owner will dispose of it as necessary but reserves the right to levy a charge for any items which are hazardous or difficult to dispose of. Please note: any item to be returned will be suitably packed but the Bed and Breakfast Accommodation Owner accepts no responsibility for loss or damage in transit.